Formed in 1934, the Social Action program was conceived by Bro. Elmo M. Anderson to focus on improving the general wellbeing of disenfranchised people. The mission of the International Social Action Program is to encourage social, political and philanthropic leadership which strengthens our respective communities and our membership by:
• Educating fraternity members on health issues affecting them and their families
• Increasing visibility and sense of self-worth by/through serving in the community
• Providing education/information about political and community issues, and increasing awareness of the legislative process
• Involving the membership in fund raising activities that support organizations sharing our vision
• Promoting health awareness to encourage prevention of health challenges and promote health maintenance
SOCIAL ACTION programs
American Cancer Society – ACS is working to free the world from Cancer through research. This community-based health organization has a presence in every community. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, the ACS is committed to eliminating cancer as a major health problem. PBSS is committed to being a major partner with ACS, by raising money annually and participating in Relay for Life.